9.13.2010

Zion 2

For our first day in Zion, Shawn and I combined three trails (Middle Emerald Pools Trail, Kayenta Trail and the Grotto Trail) to make a loop. The trail first climbs up the side of the canyon. From there, you follow a ridge that's partway up the canyon wall.

From the ridge, looking down canyon.
Shawn, looking up canyon
There's the ridge that we're following around. If you enlarge the image, you can see little itsy bitsy hikers.At the Emerald Pools.
The pools.
Back down on flat ground along the Grotto trail. The loop we hiked followed a ridge in and out of this nook.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lots of walking! Bet you're glad you bought those new hiking boots. Now I don't have to hike all these trails-I can just enjoy viewing your terrific photos! Mom (:

Grandma said...

great pictures! I see an image in the Emerald Pool. no kidding

Bahston Beans said...

Ooo!h what image do you see? In which picture?

Grandma said...

In the one of you standing next to the water...where there is a streak going down.Halfway down I saw a face,it looked liked a smiling woman, but today I see 2 right next to each other and one of them looks like Bob Marley?

Bahston Beans said...

Crazy! I think I see all 3 faces that you're talking about. The lady's face is big and the two other faces are smaller and within her space, right?

Grandma said...

bingo we have a winner!