11.07.2010

Route 66

I absolutely needed to get my kicks on Route 66!
After forcing Shawn to take a slight detour on our longest drive of the trip, we hit Route 66.
The longest train ever.
E-V-E-R.
Pulling into town.
There she is, Seligman AZ.


Now this is really where I got my kicks. The Roadkill Cafe. It might not mean anything to you but this was like bumping into George Clooney while grocery shopping in CT. I just didn't see it coming. Growing up, my Uncle always brought my brother and I t-shirts and goodies from his far-flung travels. One such t-shirt was from the Roadkill Cafe and featured the saying "you kill it, we grill it". Could there be anything cooler for to elementary/middle school kids?! NO!!
I was beyond excited and probably gave Shawn a heart attack when I started yelling "stop the car, stop the car, pull over, oh my gosh, stop the car!" My bad.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I work for AAA and people are always asking about going on route 66. Was it worth it?

Bahston Beans said...

I'd say it was worth it as a side trip but not necessarily a destination. That said, I didn't do that much research. I just saw it on the map and said why not. There could be some really cool spots that I didn't know about. It was a nice diversion from the boring interstate though.

Grandma said...

you're just like Lightning McQueen!