3.03.2008

Helllllooooooo Missionaries!

This weekend, Shawn and I spent 13 hours of straight bonding time with Amy, Jared and James. It was fabulous and I'll tell you why.


1. Donuts. The day began with yummy, happy, delicious donuts.


Donuts



2. James is cute. We read a lovely book about sharks and, without prompting, he thanked me for reading it at the end of the night. James, if I had any money, I would have bought you something very nice for that. But I don't so please consider that donut a gift.


3. Shawn secured an open invitation to Jared and Amy's house so he can mooch during ski season. Amy and Jared - You are always welcome to join us at our condo. We have many fine accommodations including the couch and floor.


4. I touched shrimp. They were raw and unprepared. Did you know you have to take their shells and legs off? Did you know they have "poop shoots"? That's the technical term Jared used.


5. We had dinner with two Mormon missionaries: Elder Powell and Elder Sato . They are both somewhere around 20 years old and were hilarious. Elder Powell is an absolute frat boy minus the beer. Elder Sato is just super cute. Just for the record, those name tags are handy dandy because I actually remember their names!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had such a nice weekend. It's always fun to hang out with Amy and company! You're welcome to use the "summer home" whenever you wish! Love, Mom & Dad xo

Katy Shamitz said...

sounds like fun. sorry i missed the donuts!

Bahston Beans said...

Hmmm...you're right. To keep things even, we'll need to have donuts together sometime soon. I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Grandma said...

sounds like you guys had fun.... but you didn't get to play with the big cards!