12.10.2007

Off the Grid

That’s my cell phone. He’s in a happier place now. He won’t be dropped off a two story atrium (onto a marble floor), be flung across parking lots or wedged into almost inescapable crevices in the car. He no longer needs to fear suddenly kerplunking into a toilet like his predecessors. Cheers to you cell phone.

This means I’m off the grid. Shawn and I have never had a land line and now I don’t have a cell phone. Sure, I am online at work but after 5 pm, there’s no quick way to contact me. It’s a bit bizarre. I find myself planning ahead, having contingency plans and writing down things to mention to people later. Is this what people did before cell phones?

Instead of spending about $40 to remedy the situation, I’m planning to learn Morse code and start tap, tap, tapping away on this baby!

-... -.-- .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kel - Spend the $40. Believe me, Shawn does not want his mother-in-law calling him on his cell all the time to talk to you! Right, Shawn? However, Dad does know Morse code! Hugs from the mother-in-law!

Bahston Beans said...

No way! I'm throwing caution to the wind and waiting for my sketchy battery from a sketchy website! That's 30 less smackeroos out of my wallet!