10.11.2007

True Love

While Maui was “our” favorite part of the honeymoon, Shawn had his own special highlight. I didn’t think I could accurately convey Shawn’s experience, so here is a description of the events in his own words…

The Double Big Mac. (The burger, the myth, the legend.) The second best part was the anticipation. The best part was the burger itself. I had seen advertisements for it all week. But since it was our honeymoon, I put off going to McDonalds. Then in Maui, the opportunity presented itself. So we went through the drive-thru in the Wrangler and I ordered the Double Big Mac. We brought it back to the condo and sat on the lanai. I pulled the food out of the bag to find an unmarked box which held the Double Big Mac. I opened it and marveled at the four patties. A normal Big Mac has two patties separated by the bread in the middle. This had two patties on either side of the bread. It was almost too gigantic to fit in my mouth. But I attacked and devoured it without taking a breath. It was genius in its simplicity. They took something that’s great and added more of it to make it even better. It was the culinary highlight of my life!

Kelly’s footnotes:

1. For all those who are curious, I attempted to find the nutritional facts of the famed Double Big Mac with cheese. I can’t find it anywhere. Maybe McDonalds can somehow claim legal ignorance if someone blows up immediately after eating one. Either way, I’m pretty sure Shawn could have survived for a few months off of that sucker!

2. Yes, Shawn wore an “I heart Maui” shirt while we were in Maui. He really loves Maui.

No comments: