10.23.2007

Maine with Meg

Last month, Shawn and I went to visit our friend Meg in Portland. I don't think I've ever been to Portland before so I didn't know what to expect. It was great! It's almost like a mini-Boston. It has a gorgeous downtown and it's on the water. What else could you ask for?

We had lunch with a view at Portland Head Light. It is believed to be the inspiration for Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem "The Lighthouse".

I've known Meg since nursery school and not much has changed about our friendship since then. That's why Meg knew I would be pumped to meet Lenny. He is a 1,700 pound chocolate moose who calls Scarborough, Maine home.
Apparently, Shawn sees one ton edible moose every day because he doesn't seem that enthralled. Lenny is a super star...he's reportedly the world's largest chocolate animal sculpture!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't Portland fantastic?! Jared and I will probably be two towns west. Will you come and visit us? Katy's still never been to Portland...I want her to see it...I know she'd love it!

Bahston Beans said...

Yes, I will visit! I'll even drag Katy and her expanding posse with me.

Grandma said...

yes...we will get to go that way soon!